About us —
At Impraise, we believe in the power of people. As a market-leading technology company we make performance management meaningful for employees, actionable for managers, and painless for HR.
Founded in 2013, Impraise is one of the most successful people-focused companies to come out of Y Combinator. With offices in Amsterdam, Lisbon, and New York, Impraise has quickly become one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe.
Serving hundreds of customers worldwide, Impraise is the partner of choice when it comes to creating a feedback culture that empowers organizations and its most valuable asset — it’s people.
Your challenge —
As Impraise’s Financial Controller, you are responsible for the finances of a fast-growing international company. You have the ability to combine monthly operational work in existing systems, while setting up and realizing financial implementations that will enable the future growth of Impraise in an efficient and dynamic way. In order to realize that, you need the experience and seniority to understand the current financial set-up, while creating and articulating a vision on how you would want to move forward.
For this role, you need to be independent, pro-active and analytical. You need to have the right leadership skills to understand the big picture and translating it into an actionable plan, as well as strong communication skills to ensure that non-financial stakeholders have a clear understanding of our financials.
- Build an internal eco-system to run finance for our US and EU operations in a time and cost-efficient manner
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Oversee accounts receivable overdue and do risk assessments
- Oversee salary administration, expenses reimbursement and commission tracking
- Create and update: quarterly budget, financial dashboards and metrics-based investor updates
- Support Leadership by providing forecast, cash flow analyses & financing scenarios
- Build a P&L and balance sheet on monthly base
- Work together with our accountant to draft our annual financial statements
- Manage relationship with existing investors
- Keep the organization metrics driven by implementing and measuring financial metrics/KPI’s
- Support the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success Teams with financials analyses
- Take the lead or support in short-term operational projects such as implementation of new financial tooling
- Work together with our accountant to calculate and execute all payable taxes on quarterly sequence for EU and US
- Oversee WBSO requirements and application and apply discounts on tax payable
To be successful you’ll need —
- 5-10 years proven work experience in accounting and/or auditing and is comfortable running our financial operations for US and EU.
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting or similar education.
- The ability to run all our finance completely autonomous and someone that brings all/additional financial knowledge into the organization.
- To be KPI driven.
- To be pro-active and that can execute operational projects fast and accurate.
- A deep understanding of SaaS and either understand or can quickly learn the operational needs for the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams in order to scale.
- To easily connect with all the business units; easy-going; good in communication and to be a service minded person. The BUs are your internal customers.
- To be able to balance rules/processes vs. staying lean as an organization based on our current needs.
- To have the ability to be a sparring partner to the Management Team.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
What we offer —
- Attractive salary
- Professional development & health allowances
- Daily lunch
- MacBook or equivalent
- Conveniently located office in the heart of Amsterdam
- An international team with 26+ nationalities